The APA 2020 Virtual Convention registration is now open! https://convention.apa.org/. Fortunately, registration fees have been reduced by 85%, with an APA members rate of $50 and APA student rate of $15, making it more accessible than ever.
The conference will take place from Aug 6-9, with all our Division 50 programming streaming on-demand for those who register from 8/6 at noon until August of next year. APA will have some keynotes and mainstage programming from 12-1:30pm live each day of the conference. Additionally, regardless of APA Convention registration, all Division 50 members will be able to attend our yearly Early Career Poster Session/Social Hour live on Zoom on Friday, Aug 7 from 4-6pm ET, so mark your calendars for that event. And thanks to Dr. Bettina Hoeppner whose R13 from NIAAA and NIDA is making that possible. More news on that to come.
To get to the Division 50 content:
- Here’s our Division 50 program content listing for symposia and skill-building sessions: view the Division 50 Program here
- You should have received an email after you registered that gives you your “on-demand” login and password. Hold on to that.
- Go to www.convention.apa.org. And click on the button that says “Join APA 2020 Virtual.”
- Click on the button that says “On Demand.”
- From there or before you access programming, you might be prompted to enter your on-demand login and password. That’s the one you received in the APA email.
- Pause, take a breath, get some coffee while it loads. Then, scroll down a little and you will see buttons including “Search by Division” or “Search by author” – you can do either, of course.
- If you click on “search by division,” you will have Div 1 as the default. You will click arrow down to find and click on “Division 50” and you will have pulled up all of our posters, symposia, skill-building sessions.
- As you scroll down you will see first posters, skill-building sessions and then symposia. And you can click on the screen with the arrow to play that content.
Please scroll down to see how things work for accessing all the convention content.
If you have technical difficulties that are not resolved with the below, APA 2020 Virtual Registration and Login help is available at email@example.com or you can call: 202-336-6020 or 202-336-5580.